Aug 23, 2010

Enjoy Life - It Goes Quickly

Life is too short to not enjoy it. I am spending my remaining years learning how to enjoy something every single day.  It doesn't have to be a big thing, it may be a conscious moment sipping a cup of tea.  I could be having a conversation with a friend or listening to music.  I will confess that on the top of my list is this:  I love to spend time with Vinnie - my husband of 38 years.   You know, I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. There are moments when I think we are still in our early twenties - that delusion doesn't last very long but I cherish the moments anyway. 
I have known Vinnie for 40 years.  We started going out when I was still in high school and we have been together ever since.  I was watching him sleep the other night thinking how at times he still looks the same to me. I find that amazing.  There have been days when  I would look in the mirror and think I have not changed either - especially since Vin would often say so.  That is until this past winter when he got a new pair of glasses.  It was funny when he commented on a few lines around the eyes we both have that he'd never seen before. "Quick" I said.  "Take the glasses off!"

When I need a break and its time to play solo - I write, or photograph something.  I love to bring my camera with me when I take walks.  Creating a scrap book pages or making hand made greeting cards ofen grounds me and feeds my soul.  I may start on a project and find that hours have passed before I have a finished piece.  Artist time flies for me. Tell me what makes time fly for you?

No comments: