Nov 21, 2010

It’s That Time Of Year

blurry2
I love it here in Provincetown.  Vinnie and I slipped away for the weekend. I didn’t expect the lighted decorations this trip, but they are here. I took several photos of a lobster pot tree.   I was hoping for a different outcome with the picture – somehow the full moon and blurry picture doesn’t do justice to either the tree or the moon. 
On Saturday afternoon we had lunch at Far Land Provisions and split a piece of red velvet cake which was so sweet and good that I was almost sorry I had it. 

Almost sorry I said.  We walked for 45 minutes afterward and I drank a lot of water for the rest of the day.  I held my breath this morning when I tested my levels (123).  Not bad.  My a.m. numbers have been higher than that actually.  The test will be tomorrow morning though. I walked another 45 minutes today and feel pretty good about it.  Stay tuned and I’ll let you know how it goes.
I love the lights, sights, sounds and smells of Christmas Season.  I will be looking for new recipes and watching closely as the new Weight Watcher Program is unveiled at my meeting next week.  Maintaining a healthy lifestyle remains my number one goal during the holidays.  I will be counting carbohydrates and closely monitoring my blood sugars – brisk walking has to stay on the list too. The walking will help reduce stress and BG Levels.

No comments: