May 17, 2010

Thank You Riva Greenberg!

2010,8:36:41 PM


I love a Blog that I came across:  http://www.diabetesstories.com/

I am thankful  for the educational information Riva Greenberg makes available. It was a great relief to find this blog and her inspirational books last month when I waas diagnosed with Type 2. This author / educator is  a gift to all of us and I just want to say THANK YOU Riva!

I am digesting lifestyle changes and learning to be more positive about the changes I am making rather than focus on what I could be doing better. I have started to accumulate files and books on my Kindle and will be feeding "K" more inspirational information as I come across it.   My next purchase will be getting the ABC's of Loving Yourself with Diabetes.  I can't believe I missed meeting her last November when she was in Westport - my dear friend works at the Senior Center where Riva gave a presentation.  My friend told me a diabetes ducator was gong to be there but, in November 2009, I was eating the wrong fat free foods and counting calories and points and cholesterol rather than carbohydrates. Who knew?
See my post on :
Diagnosis - Diabetes Type 2
All the best to you,  D

No comments: